The Carilion Ground/EMS Transport ector provides leadership, ection, and coordination of CCPT ground, EMS, and flight operations to achieve company goals and objectives. Works under the supervision of the CCPT Senior and provides ect oversight of managers, clinical team leaders, and administrative support staff. Directly supervise managers, CTLs, and other company employees-specific to divisional assignments. Closely works with staff, peers, vendors, customers, and Carilion Clinic leadership in the implementation of strategies critical to the success of CCPT and Emergency Services. ectly communicates with physicians, clinical leaders, senior leaders, other departmental personnel, patients, families, and vendors. Responsible for maintaining accreditation and regulatory requirements for each assigned division. Travel between bases is required. Responsible for maintaining clinical requirements for the role. Successfully carries out the mission, vision, and values of Carilion and CCPT.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and coordinates budget development and financial oversight for ground, EMS, and air division(s). Develops strategic actions aimed at meeting or exceeding scorecare measures.
- Provides leadership to coordinate operations aimed at promoting the Carilion Clinic mission, vision, and values in the CCPT service area. Role models behaviors that align with our values to promote excellent customer service and employee engagement.
- Collaborates with the operational medical ector to ensure quality standards are maintained by all employees. Responsible for the financial oversight of each division, including meeting all compliance and regulatory standards related to billing and revenue recovery.
- Maintains clinical requirements for the role to meet accreditation and regulatory needs. Provides leadership and ection focused on training/education, orientation, quality, and safety best practices.
- Coordinates and implements a strategic plan for each division. Participates in company-wide strategic planning aimed at aligning CCPT goals with those of Carilion Clinic.
- Provides ect leadership for the development and implementation of new business lines or service expansions.
- Maintains and develops contractual relationships, as required by the division.
- Directly responsible for providing oversight for the day to day operations of the division.
- Manages the vehicle and equipment needs for the division to include developing capital purchasing plans, planning for maintenance and repairs, and maintaining a fleet/equipment replacement plan.
Based in Roanoke Virginia, we offer compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach programs. Join and guide a team of caring individuals who embrace and reflect our values‐commUNITY, courage, commitment, compassion, and curiosity‐in all that we do. And realize the advantages of professional stability, strong technological resources, and true advancement potential.
Education: Masters Degree in industry related subject (MBA, MPH, MES, MSN, etc.)
Experience: 5 years of emergency transport experience. 2-3 years of supervisory experience in medical transport include air, ground, and communications.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Nationally Registered edic or Licensed as a Registered Nurse in state of Virginia required. Certification as Medical Transport Executive (CMTE) is preferred. Additional certifications required upon hire : AHA BLS - HCP, ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, ATLS
Other Minimum Qualifications: Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with physicians, patients, vendors, and employees. Ability to manage and motivate employees within the environment. Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting, and work competency skills. Advanced computer skills required. Prior experience in hospital based medical transport leadership role is preferred. Recent or active EMS/medical clinical transport experience preferred. CMTE preferred. 24/7 accountability with on-call requirement. Travel between bases is required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what's right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 23763
Employment Status: Full time
Shift Details: Primarily Monday through Friday 8am-5pm, occasional evenings and weekends. Weekly on-call required.
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4139
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
As a not-for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities we serve.
Our employees strive to provide quality care in serving over 1 million residents in Virginia while living and growing their careers in the country's most livable cities and towns.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic is a robust system of small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender entity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.