Critical Care Transport Paramedic – Vitalink
New Hanover Regional EMS
Forbes Magazine has announced New Hanover Regional Medical Center is one of America’s Best Employers of 2018. Our organization is the region’s largest healthcare provider, employing over 7,000 people who have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is the ideal place for you to further your career.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Transport Services (ETS) is a recognized leader at both state and national levels. Recent awards include: the 2016 American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Gold Award Recognition for EMS, AirLink, and VitaLink, the 2016 EMS National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMSWorld Magazine Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award for Emergency Transport Services, and the 2016 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Critical Care Ground Award of Excellence for VitaLink.
AirLink specialty care transport team of the New Hanover Regional Medical Center - Emergency Transport Services seeks full-time Paramedics for its growing air and ground program. AirLink is the only licensed critical care transport program serving the coastal southeast North Carolina regional area.
- Provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups
- Uses an interdisciplinary model to work with the Airlink/Vitalink Staff Nurse and other appropriate medical personnel to establish and prioritize a plan of care consistent with approved treatment protocols, policies and procedures
- Responsible for transport of critically ill and/or injured patients that may require advanced assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and intervention skills
- Responsible for the operation of emergency vehicles
- Current North Carolina EMT-P certification
- Candidate must be eligible to obtain South Carolina EMT-P certification. Paramedics assigned to flight duties must maintain dual certification in North and South Carolina.
- Current Basic Life Support, ACLS, and PALS certification
- Advanced trauma certification and NRP required within 6 months of hire.
- Concurrent with Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) accreditation standards, a Board for Critical Care Transport Paramedic Certification (BCCTPC) Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C) or Flight Paramedic (FP-C) certification or successful completion of Critical Care Emergency Transport Program (CCEMTP) with current CCEMTP license is required.
- Current and valid North Carolina Class C operator's license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations.
- 3+ years experience with a paid EMS provider at the paramedic level
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
· Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
· Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 7,000 employees
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Apply directly online at: https://goo.gl/h2hb2h
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity