JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Clinical Operations (DCO) provides overall clinical leadership for LFN and is responsible for ensuring policies, protocols, service levels, and quality meet and exceed established clinical standards. This includes the creation, innovation, evaluation, development and implementation of structures to achieve clinical excellence. This position will collaborate and facilitate communication and translation of business, regulatory and technology requirements regarding all clinical facets among all departments. The DCO reports to the Chief Clinical Officer and performs Flight Nurse or Flight Paramedic duties. The current DCO opening would be responsible for the LFN bases located in Spokane, Brewster, and Moses Lake, Washington.
- Master’s degree in a healthcare or management related field is strongly preferred, Bachelor’s degree required. May substitute direct years of experience in similar position for educational years.
- Current instructor status in BLS, ACLS, PALS and PHTLS preferred
- Meets qualifications of Flight Nurse or Flight Paramedic and maintains current applicable state RN or EMT-P credentials.
- Minimum 5 years clinical education management experience in air medical or emergency medical services
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national healthcare dynamics and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated passion, commitment, and ability to safely promote LFN’s mission and values
- An ability to achieve clinical customer service excellence
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal communication with colleagues, patients, families, customers, and the community
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, an automobile in good repair, be able to provide proof of auto insurance and able to travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area
- All Clinical employees will be required to attend additional training and will sign a Training and Tuition Agreement form