As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours Children's Health System is conducting a search for Director of Transport Services.
The Director of Transport Services is an integral member of Nemours Children's Hospital administrative leadership team, providing coordination, oversight and visioning of the multiple facets of the Nemours statewide transport program.
This position is accountable for the development and oversight of a dedicated Nemours neonatal and pediatric ground and air transport network to bring the appropriate level of care to the patient, decrease delays in care and provide continuous support during transport. Providing leadership for all associates on the critical care transport team, the role encompasses strategic and implementation planning, benchmarked quality patient service and outcomes, regulatory compliance and assurance of best practices, and financial stewardship.
This position works collaboratively with the Medical Director of Transport Services, Chief Nurse Executive, Hospital Medical and Nursing Leadership, and community partners to assure seamless and effective transport services and care delivery. With a focused goal of providing the local and state communities a knowledgeable and differentiated program resource, this leader is expected to serve on state-wide committees and community forums that impact neonatal and pediatric critical care and transport. Partners with key leaders across Nemours to set priorities and achieve set organizational strategic initiatives. The position role models Nemours standards of Behavior and actively support Nemours Mission, Vision and Values.
- Establishes strategic goals for the Nemours transport program and implements steps to achieve and measure success, including, but not restricted to, preparation for successful pediatric transport accreditation.
- Prepares and manages annual capital and operating budgets for all areas of responsibility, assuring financial targets are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for the management, training/competency, scheduling and evaluation of the department staff as assigned by Nemours, which includes, but is not limited to, hiring/separation, staff evaluations, coaching and merit increases.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals to meet patient care needs and customer service excellence.
- Establishes and maintains policies and processes for transport of critically ill patients to ensure a clearly defined standard of care. Develops and implements transport workflows consistent with updated policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains the highest level of access, service, quality standards of practice and metrics of performance for the Nemours statewide transport program.
- Oversees a Transport Communication Center, staffed by specialized clinicians and assuring transport services are deployed within minutes of notification and return in a manner consistent with best practices.
- Manages all transport inter-facility agreements to support and expand tertiary/quaternary specialty programs at NCH.
- Develops and executes mutually supportive contractual relationships with transport vendors and manages appropriate and accurate billing/invoicing.
- Develops processes that effectively assure the submission of statewide required data for the trauma and transport programs. Tracks, monitors and reports clinical, financial and regulatory metrics of performance associated with the Transport Program and its partnerships and contractual requirements.
- Works with key medical and administrative leaders to employ the most optimal business model for securing effective and consistent ground and air transport (helicopter and fixed wing) 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
- Positions recommendations for and assures effective implementation of regional expansion of services and supporting organizational structure.
- Ensures compliance with corporate, hospital and departmental regulations, procedures, policies and standards, as well as federal, state and survey agencies (i.e., CAMTS, EMSC) regulations, laws, standards of practice and policies.
- Serves as a liaison for Nemours to key local, state and regional transport initiatives.
- MSN required (candidates currently enrolled in MSN program may be considered)
- Three to five years of critical care, emergency, trauma and/or transport clinical experience required. Management experience, preferably in pediatric/adult critical care and/or transport.
- Currently licensed by the State of Florida or legally eligible.
- American Heart Association BLS required upon hire. Must be valid through 2017.
- Current PALS certification required upon hire.
Nemours Children's Hospital. Located in Orlando, Florida, Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated health care system. Designed and built from the ground up, and opened in the designed just for kids, and all private rooms. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in health care innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. Specialty outpatient care is provided in several clinics throughout the region.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
For more information and to apply online, please visit https://nemours.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers_at_nemours/job/Orlando-FL/Director--Transport-Services_21798-1