Education Coordinator - Vitalink
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Transport Services (ETS) is a recognized leader at both state and national levels. Recent awards include: the 2016 American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Gold Award Recognition for EMS, AirLink, and VitaLink, the 2016 EMS National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMSWorld Magazine Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award for Emergency Transport Services, and the 2016 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Critical Care Ground Award of Excellence for VitaLink.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the development and delivery of departmental, intra-facility, and regional education programs as identified to support continuous high-quality care and in support of business positioning and realignment activities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversight of departmental staff orientation, ensuring staff success in completing mandatory certification courses and required education, and maintaining staff education records.
- Leads the development of education to ensure that clinical competency is maintained and current as appropriate for the employee's position description. Assists with all-around staff development to attain higher levels of quality and continuous and professional improvement and provides coaching / remediation as indicated.
- Develops and oversees the delivery of quarterly simulations and clinical rotation opportunities appropriate for critical care, ALS, and ILS/BLS staff respectively
- Provides regional education to NHRMC's Accountable Zone referral partners in support of strategic goals and marketing objectives and coordinates AirLink referral partner/customer visits, LZ safety lectures and special events.
- Works with referral partners in the continuous quality improvement of care to patients and rapid recognition, referral and transport to definitive care centers.
- Education: Successful completion of a recognized EMT-Paramedic training program OR graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. Strongly prefer a Bachelor’ degree in education or health-related field. Training in development and delivery of high fidelity simulation.
- Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina OR NC Paramedic Certification. BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification (instructor level preferred). Advanced trauma certification and NRP required within 6 months of hire (instructor level preferred). Current and valid North Carolina Class C operator's license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. Specialty certification(s) required: CFRN, CEN, CCRN, CCEMPT-P or FP-C. NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 600.
- Experience: 5+ years experience in emergency services or critical care, including at least 1 year in transport environment. Previous management or education experience preferred.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,600 employees
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply: