The Merraine Groups services have been retained by Shands Hospital and University of Florida Health. This is an exciting opportunity for the role of Nursing Director Transportation. This Director will lead and coordinate the supremely efficient, safe, and cost effective operations for all medical transport and associated departments.
Operation Focus: Nursing Director Transportation
- This position oversees the operations of 5 cost centers including air ambulance, both fixed and rotor, ground ambulance and communications center totaling 7,000 transports per year
Position Focus Nursing Director Transport ShandsCair
- The Nursing Director for Transportation will oversee the daily operations of Nurse and Paramedic teams; accountable for teams appropriate licensure; employment and evaluation and training
- Accountable for the appropriate use, maintenance and repair of medical equipment and supplies; evaluate new equipment/ supplies and inventory.
- Ideal candidate will be self-directed with understanding of state regulations, how to expand the program and manage a budget.
- Possess ability to manage multiple projects; sound judgement and apply effective solutions to problems with effective communication skills
Organization and Community
- A leading health system with national recognition for safety, breakthrough research and service excellence
- This location in North East Florida has great educational opportunities; arts and culture, and a superb music scene
Requirements Program Director ShandsCair
- BSN required and MSN required within 3 years of start date
- EMT Paramedic Certification
- At least 5 years professional nursing experience in pre hospital; medical flight operations; emergency and critical care
- At least 3 years of progressive management experience in flight operations, critical care or emergency.
- ACLS, PALS/ ENPC, PHTLS/ ITLS or TNCCP certification
Relocation assistance is provided
Contact: Chris Curtis