Shift Supervisor – Vitalink
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Transport Services (ETS) is a recognized leader at both state and national levels. Recent awards include: the 2016 American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Gold Award Recognition for EMS, AirLink, and VitaLink, the 2016 EMS National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMSWorld Magazine Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award for Emergency Transport Services, and the 2016 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Critical Care Ground Award of Excellence for VitaLink.
The Shift Supervisor oversees the daily activities of Critical Care Transport and assures that departmental policies, procedures, and standards of care are met. Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direct supervision of personnel and department operations.
- Performs the patient care duties of a Paramedic or Registered Nurse providing care for all patient populations.
- Coordinates daily operations of the Critical Care Transport Program.
· Education: Successful completion of a recognized EMT-Paramedic training program OR graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. Preferred: college degree in business or health-related field.
· Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina OR NC Paramedic Certification. BLS/, Advanced ACLS, and Advanced PALS certification required (instructor level preferred). ITLS and NRP required within 6 months of hire (instructor level preferred). Current and valid North Carolina Class C operator's license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. Specialty certification(s) preferred: CFRN, CEN, CCRN, CCEMPT-P or FP-C. NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 600.
· Experience: 5+ years experience in emergency services or critical care, including at least 1 year in transport environment. Previous management or education experience preferred.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply:
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity