Staff Nurse – Vitalink
Full-Time, Rotating Schedule
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Transport Services (ETS) is a recognized leader at both state and national levels. Recent awards include: the 2016 American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Gold Award Recognition for EMS, AirLink, and VitaLink, the 2016 EMS National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMSWorld Magazine Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award for Emergency Transport Services, and the 2016 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Critical Care Ground Award of Excellence for VitaLink.
The Staff RN provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups. Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with team and initiates care plan based on patient assessment and significant other input/data.
- Continuously reviews and revises plan as needed per patient’s condition.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Operates and maintains the vehicle in a safe, efficient manner, obeying all traffic laws.
- Properly inspects the medical supplies/equipment (also inspects the vehicle in the absence of a VitaLink EMT) and initiates appropriate actions based on inspections.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification. ITLS and NRP required within 6 months of hire.
- Current and valid North Carolina Class C operator’s license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations.
- 3+ years critical care/emergency nursing experience.
- Current AirLink or VitaLink Critical Care Paramedics may be permitted to complete the department approved EMT-P to RN Bridge Process.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,600 employees
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply: