Staff Nurse – Vitalink
New Hanover Regional EMS
Forbes Magazine has announced New Hanover Regional Medical Center is one of America’s Best Employers of 2018. Our organization is the region’s largest healthcare provider, employing over 7,000 people who have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is the ideal place for you to further your career.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Transport Services (ETS) is a recognized leader at both state and national levels. Recent awards include: the 2016 American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Gold Award Recognition for EMS, AirLink, and VitaLink, the 2016 EMS National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and EMSWorld Magazine Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award for Emergency Transport Services, and the 2016 Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) Critical Care Ground Award of Excellence for VitaLink.
The Staff RN provides high quality patient care and safe medical transport to sick and injured patients in all age groups. Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with team and initiates care plan based on patient assessment and significant other input/data.
- Continuously reviews and revises plan as needed per patient’s condition.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Operates and maintains the vehicle in a safe, efficient manner, obeying all traffic laws.
- Properly inspects the medical supplies/equipment (also inspects the vehicle in the absence of a VitaLink EMT) and initiates appropriate actions based on inspections.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Licensure / Certifications:
· Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina.
· BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification.
· Critical care credentialing (CCRN, CFRN, CEN) preferred.
· An advanced trauma certification (ATLS, ANTC, TNCC with advanced skills) and NRP required within 6 months of hire.
· State of North Carolina or National Registry EMT certification strongly encouraged to obtain and maintain within 2 years of hire.
· Current and valid driver's license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years critical care/emergency nursing experience preferred.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Direct Apply: https://goo.gl/k2UAPd
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity