Children's Health in Dallas in Dallas is actively seeking an experienced Transport Registered Nurse.
Come grow with us!
The Clinical Registered Nurse- Transport is responsible for complete patient care in conjunction with fellow team members during inter-hospital transport, including responsibility for assessment and stabilization of transport patients, as well as performance of necessary diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete physical assessments with the ability to distinguish normal from abnormal findings.
- Successful assessment of at-risk status.
- Performance of such diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as necessary and appropriate for the care of the patient. Such procedures will include:
- Administration of medications
- Establishing IV access peripherally, intraosseous, internal/external jugular, and umbilical venous catheter insertion.
- Venipuncture, Arterial puncture and Tracheal intubation.
- Laryngeal mask airway insertion, Cricothyrotomy, Needle Thoracostomy.
- Chest tube placement.
- Interpretation of blood gases and lab values.
- Maintain, monitor, and evaluate non-invasive diagnostic equipment.
- Determine need for respiratory assistance and oxygen requirements.
- Monitor, maintain, and initiate medical/therapeutic gas and delivery devices.
- Initiate and/or modify mechanical ventilation needs of patients.
- Maintain and monitor continuous ventilatory care.
- Perform and/or assist in CPR and other emergent procedures
- Communication with family including condition of patient, disease information (if possible) expectation with transport, and measures that will be done at Children’s.
- Maintains communication with attending physician during transport, as per protocols.
- Maintains communication with referral staff, as per protocols.
- Maintains knowledge and competency in the use of all transport equipment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice Nursing in the State of Texas.
- Current BLS/PALS required on the first day of employment.
- Minimum of two years pediatric intensive care experience, or equivalent, is required.